Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 14 ; Ch.12 #2

This past September, it was my birthday and since it was a Monday, I wasn't really able to celebrate it. My best friend since the 3rd grade was the first person to wish me happy birthday, with a phone call at exactly midnight, a text, and a post on Facebook. Next, was my roommate. Throughout the day, I got birthday wishes from a lot of people, even from people that I didn't really talk to. What surprised me was that I didn't get a birthday wish from one of my close friends, and I shared this with my best friend. She was surprised as well that she didn't wish me a happy birthday because it wasn't like her to forget. Soon enough, the day was almost over and I still didn't receive a call, text, or anything from her. When I signed onto Twitter, I saw that she posted a happy birthday wish to a girl from high school that has the same birthday as me. I know that it wasn't that big of a deal, but as I was thinking about it, I got upset and angry. About a week later, I got a text from her apologizing about me thinking that she forgot about my birthday because my best friend talked to her about it. She said that texted me, but I never texted back saying thank you or anything, so she thought it was a misunderstanding and I never received the text from her. What I don't understand though, is how I got everyone else's text, but hers. I still personally think that she forgot it was my birthday and used that as an excuse because if I were in her position, I would have called if I didn't get a response back.

No comments:

Post a Comment