Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week 9 ; Ch.4 #1

Wisdom is the use of knowledge. Knowledge is something that you know is true through evidence or proof. I honestly think I acquire both in college because some of the information that professors teach are things that I never knew before. Since professors are experts in their area of study, they're evidence of the truth being told. A way to use this information as wisdom would be if you were telling your friends about something new that you learned in class. You know it's true information because it's what your professor shared with the class. I don't think taking GE courses is a necessity because they're not subjects that you want your future to withhold. Taking those courses makes you more knowledgeable, but when would you use all that information in the real world? Events that happen in your life make you wiser because you learn from your past experiences to improve on situations, or what you need to avoid. I think the information age has made us both wiser and more knowledgeable because in college, you learn something new every day.

1 comment:

  1. I also believe that wisdom is the use of knowledge. I like your example of how professors is evidence of how knowledge being used (wisdom). I don't agree with you when you say that you think GE courses are not a necessity. Because of GE courses, I now know what I want to major in. I think that most of the GE courses that San Jose has offered are very necessary in life. Maybe you don't realize it when you use the skills you learn! Not only is it what the teacher talks about, but also how your attitude is towards the class and everything else you learn. It's not just about the coursework!

    ReplyDelete