Sunday, December 9, 2012

Final Question #3

I personally liked learning about language. I liked this concept because I learned the different functions of language that I never knew existed before. I honestly thought all functions of language were just combined into a whole. I wanted to learn more about this concept because I think it's important for us to know what kind of language we use in our daily lives. There is informative, expressive, directive, and ceremonial. All of the functions are used on a daily basis by everyone except for ceremonial, because that's more formal, as in saying, "I do" in a marriage ceremony. I thought it was interesting how there are 6,800 known languages in the world, but they all use the same basic universal grammatical rules. This is the only concept that I wish we went  into more detail for because we just touched on it a little bit. Overall, this was a great class and  a great experience, and I would definitely recommend other students to take this course to fulfill their Area C3 for their pre-requisites.

No comments:

Post a Comment