Friday, September 28, 2012

Week 6 ; Ch.2 #1

I agree with the quote that, "identifying your strengths is important in choosing a career" because without knowing your own strengths, how would you ever work towards a goal in life? Before choosing a career, you need to know what you're passionate about so that you could work hard towards the dream career you want. If you choose a career that you're not passionate about, that could cause it to become tedious, and you could possibly start to dread going to work. I personally think I'm strongest in communication because I like to talk to people, and communicating to solve problems. I like to give people advice when they ask, and tell them my personal opinion about things. This is one of the reasons why I want to pursue a career in nursing. Another reason why I want to major in nursing is because I like helping people, it's a good feeling when you know that you've made a positive impact in someone's life. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Purple is the best,

    I like that quote and your viewpoint on linking strengths and work performance together. It is better to find a job that you are good at, because people tend to have a better self-esteem when they are performing well at work. I think since you are good at communication, I think you should also consider communication as your major or minor. Since you also are a problem solver, you might want to consider social worker as your career because I think you may like that field other than nursing. If you choose nursing as your career, it can also apply your strengthens to your work since you have to communicate with your patients on a daily basis.

    Thank you and have a great weekend.

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, without knowing what your strengths is in life it’s hard to set a goal. When choosing a career this is the most important aspect that one should know because if it is overseen then maybe it would have been a wrong decision later in life. We want to have a career we know we will love to do and very good at. To do this we must recognize our strengths. If we chose a career where we dislike what we do, then it would something we would regret. It is better to find out our strengths early rather than finding it later on. Although it would be too late, we won’t suffer from working in a career we do not like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Purple Is The Best,

    I agree with you when you say that it is important to know your own strengths to work towards your goals. I think your strength is perfect for your career. I think that becoming a nurse requires a sense of communication, especially because you are helping people out and telling them things that they may not know about. Patients will come to you and not understand what's happening, so it is your job to communicate to them what is going on and what they can do to help you help them. Communication is something that is, unfortunately, rare; it's a great skill to possess!

    ReplyDelete